Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Goldsmiths Prize Shortlist 2026

 The shortlist for the 2026 Goldsmiths Prize was announced. 

Now in its fourteenth year, the Goldsmiths Prize was launched in association with The New Statesman in 2013 with the goal of celebrating the creative daring associated with Goldsmiths and to reward fiction from the UK and Ireland that is genuinely novel and embodies the spirit of invention that characterises the genre at its best.    

The judging panel includes Francis Spufford, a favorite author of mine. 

Here is the list:

  • Polly Barton, What Am I, A Deer? (Fitzcarraldo Editions) 
  • China Miéville, The Rouse (Picador) 
  • Doireann Ní Ghríofa, Said the Dead (Faber) 
  • Keith Ridgway, Dooneen (Fitzcarraldo Editions) 
  • Aea Varfis-van Warmelo, Attention Seeking Behaviour (Peninsula Press) 
  • Missouri Williams, The Vivisectors (4th Estate) 

I put these lists on my blog mostly so I can remind myself of books I might be interested in but don’t necessarily immediately put on a TBR list.

Goldsmiths Prize Shortlist 2026

 The shortlist for the 2026 Goldsmiths Prize  was announced.  Now in its fourteenth year, the  Goldsmiths Prize  was launched in association...