Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What's in a Name Challenge

I think the point of this challenge is to pick a book from each of these categories and then read it during 2009.  So I'm trying to think of books for each category that I haven't read yet.  I need suggestions.

A book with a "profession" in its title:

Help?!!

A book with a "time of day" in its title:

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (because I feel I ought to)

Or

Thursday Next, by Jasper Fforde (because I want to read it - although technically Thursday is a day and not a time a day and technically Thursday isn't even a day in this book.)

A book with a "relative" in its title:

Dreams of my Father, by Barack Obama (truthfully I'm not all that interested in reading this but I can't think of another book with a "relative" in its title.)

A book with a "body part" in its title:

The Clothes on Their Backs by Linda Grant (I didn't have to think hard on this, it was already on my list)

A book with a "building" in its title:

The Black Tower by Louis Bayard (I could be convinced to pick something else)

A book with a "medical condition" in its title:

I'm stumped.  Andif recommends Warm Springs: Traces of a Childhood at FDR’s Polio Haven" by Susan Richards Shreve which I do remember being interested in.

Middlemarch by George Eliot

Middlemarch, A Study of Provincial Life by George Eliot is one of those classics of English Literature that show up on most "you must r...