Thursday, July 9, 2009

Unread Books

Booking Through Thursday asks:

“So here today I present to you an Unread Books Challenge. Give me the list or take a picture of all the books you have stacked on your bedside table, hidden under the bed or standing in your shelf – the books you have not read, but keep meaning to. The books that begin to weigh on your mind. The books that make you cover your ears in conversation and say, ‘No! Don’t give me another book to read! I can’t finish the ones I have!’ “

I can't take a picture because I'm away dog sitting as I write this, but every year I take my stack of unread books with me to the lake.  Just the other day I gathered up a bunch and put them in a pile in my guest bedroom.   I won't list them all but the one that I have the most guilt over is Inez of my Soul by Isabel Allende.  A friend lent it to me 2 years ago and I still haven't read it.

Unrelated - I thought this was really funny.

Middlemarch by George Eliot

Middlemarch, A Study of Provincial Life by George Eliot is one of those classics of English Literature that show up on most "you must r...