Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Throwback

I've always been a Coke person, not a Pepsi person.  And these days I don't count as even a Coke person.  I stopped drinking soda last April.  It wasn't intentional, I just noticed one day that I had stopped drinking it.  (For you Chicago people, I'm talking about pop.)

But this might cause me to fall off the wagon:

... we have news of sugar-sweetened versions of some PepsiCo products coming soon. Per Beverage Industry magazine, the names will be Pepsi Throwback and Mountain Dew Throwback ... This is a big deal since mainstream soft drinks in the United States are sweetened with High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS). Typically, the only way to get soda from the "big guys" with real sugar is to import it (i.e., Mexican Coke) or wait till Passover (Kosher Coke, Kosher Pepsi).

It's your move Coke.

No

Middlemarch by George Eliot

Middlemarch, A Study of Provincial Life by George Eliot is one of those classics of English Literature that show up on most "you must r...