Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Glee!

It returns. Finally. And they are moving it from Wednesdays to Tuesdays so I might actually get to see it in real time and not via hulu.

I know Glee is not for everyone. Some people don’t like musicals. Some people who like musicals don’t like the idea of using pop music in them. Some people don’t like comedies built on caricature. Some people don’t like comedies with fantasy sequences.

But I love it. I love how all the adults are caricatures of kids in high school. I love the guest stars (this next half season we’re getting Kristin Chenoweth again as well as Neil Patrick Harris and Olive Newton John). I love the way the show is shot – with an almost too bright, technicolor gloss. I love the songs they pick even if I wouldn’t listen to many of them in real life. I love how upbeat it is even when it’s dealing with subjects that are downers. I love Jane Lynch as Sue. I love that Joss Whedon is directing one of this spring’s episodes. So. I’m ready.

Here’s a little taste from hulu:

Doesn’t it look great?

Gleefully yours,

Mary

Middlemarch by George Eliot

Middlemarch, A Study of Provincial Life by George Eliot is one of those classics of English Literature that show up on most "you must r...