Thursday, September 3, 2009

Now what?

hmmm. I'm back and now I have to think of things to write. This was never a problem before. I usually write late at night. Ideas just come to me late at night. I'm a night owl. I don't like to interact with people after a certain point but I could stay up for hours after that point. But the past few weeks I've been going to bed early (for me) and I'm finding it harder to get back into the groove.

Sooooooo ...

I'm stealing this "Life According to Literature" meme that I saw at So Many Books. "Using only books you have read this year (2009), cleverly answer these questions. Try not to repeat a book title. It’s a lot harder than you think!"

Describe Yourself: Undiscovered Country (Lin Enger)

How do you feel: Still Life (AS Byatt)

Describe where you currently live: Cold Comfort Farm (Stella Gibbons)

If you could go anywhere, where would you go: Charm City (Laura Lippman)

Your favorite form of transportation: By a Spider's Thread (Laura Lippman)

Your best friend is: Olive Kitteridge (Elizabeth Strout)

You and your friends are: People of the Book (Geraldine Brooks)

What’s the weather like: Stormy Weather (Paulette Jiles)

Favorite time of day: The Battle of the Labyrinth (Rick Riordan)

If your life was a(n): A Thousand Splendid Suns (Khaled Hosseini)

What is life to you: The Last Place (laura Lippman)

Your fear: To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee)

What is the best advice you have to give: You Suck (Christopher Moore)

Thought for the Day: I see you Everywhere (Julia Glass)

How I would like to die: In Big Trouble (Laura Lippman)

My soul’s present condition: Another Thing to Fall (Laura Lippman)

That WAS hard. I need to start reading books with longer titles.

Middlemarch by George Eliot

Middlemarch, A Study of Provincial Life by George Eliot is one of those classics of English Literature that show up on most "you must r...