Sunday, September 6, 2009

New Season

The new television season is about to begin. What should I watch?

I'm considering checking out Glee, which premiers this Wednesday on Fox (9:00 eastern). It's the story of a high school glee club, set in Ohio. I watched the pilot on hulu and enjoyed it. But, then, I'm a sucker for singing and dancing. I'm usually not home on most Wednesdays, though, so I'll probably always be catching it on hulu. I will not be going to the local watch party but for those of you in St. Louis here's the info:

THE EVENT NOT TO MISS - CALL THE NEIGHBORS!
On Wednesday September 9, FOX will air the Season Premiere of GLEE. The pilot was amazing and now you can watch the anticipated episode "Showmance" in the main auditorium at the beautiful Tivoli Theatre in the Delmar Loop. (Imagine 400 Gleeks - and soon to be Gleeks - bringing the fun spirit of this show to life right here in St. Louis!)
This event is hosted by Growing American Youth and everyone is welcome.
Doors open at 6:30pm
Pre-show event/entertainment at 7pm emceed by local actor/comedian Ed Reggi
GLEE airs LIVE at 8pm.
Bring your friends, families, show choir, cheerleading squad, etc (you get the point)
No pre-registration is needed. No tickets to buy ahead of time. We will seat until capacity.
$5 minimum suggested donation supports Growing American Youth

I'm kind of sorry I'll miss meeting 400 Gleeks.

I'll watch Castle on Mondays nights (ABC). I got hooked last year because I was a fan of Nathan Fillion. It's sort of a combination of Murder She Wrote and Moonlighting. Yes, corny. But it's edgier than Murder She Wrote and Nathan Fillion is soooooo much more appealing than Bruce Willis. At least in my opinion. Monday nights I'm usually brain dead. At one point I was a regular watcher of Seventh Heaven on Monday nights. That's how brain dead I am. So it's nice to have a Monday night show to watch again. It premiers on September 21.

And I'll watch Dollhouse, Joss Whedon's science fiction venture that somehow managed to get itself renewed for this season. It's on Fridays on Fox. Again, I'll probably have to catch it on hulu. (By the way, has anyone watched Epitaph One? I downloaded it from itunes and watched it. Are we ready to talk about it?) It premiers September 25.

Oh, and I'll watch baseball until the Cardinals are out of it.

And that's about it. What am I missing? (Remember, I don't have cable.)

Middlemarch by George Eliot

Middlemarch, A Study of Provincial Life by George Eliot is one of those classics of English Literature that show up on most "you must r...