Friday, July 24, 2009

Preferences

Booking Through Thursday asks:

Which do you prefer? (Quick answers–we’ll do more detail at some later date)

  • Reading something frivolous? Or something serious?
    Serious.  Most of the time. 
  • Paperbacks? Or hardcovers?
    Paperbacks.  Easier to carry around. 
  • Fiction? Or Nonfiction?
    Fiction. 
  • Poetry? Or Prose?
    Prose.
  • Biographies? Or Autobiographies?
    Biographies.
  • History? Or Historical Fiction?
    This one is hard.  I'll say history but I do love historical fiction.
  • Series? Or Stand-alones?
    Series
  • Classics? Or best-sellers?
    Classics
  • Lurid, fruity prose? Or straight-forward, basic prose?
    Is there no other type?  Straight forward I guess.
  • Plots? Or Stream-of-Consciousness?
    Plots
  • Long books? Or Short?
    Long
  • Illustrated? Or Non-illustrated?
    I wonder when the last time I read an illustrated book was?  But I do love illustrations so I'll choose illustrated.
  • Borrowed? Or Owned?
    owned
  • New? Or Used?
    new - love the smell.

Beowulf, translated by Maria Dahvana Headley

I never intended to read yet another epic poem immediately after finishing The Iliad .  But I subscribe to the Poetry Unbound podcast and in...