Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday's Question

Booking Through Thursday asks:

Is there a book that you wish you could “unread”? One that you disliked so thoroughly you wish you could just forget that you ever read it?

The thing is, I do usually forget that I read it. Although I tend to overthink many things I don't tend to dwell on things that don't interest me. In fact, I've been accused of intentionally forgetting things that I'm not interested in.

But, for reasons that will become clear in a future post, I've been thinking of books that include The Bonfire of the Vanities. And I regret that I remember it. What a waste of time that was, reading that.

Middlemarch by George Eliot

Middlemarch, A Study of Provincial Life by George Eliot is one of those classics of English Literature that show up on most "you must r...